Monday, December 29, 2008

Wirelessly Connected to...my wife!


Now, I have a bigg excuse for not blogging more often: Blogs are prohibited at office. This is a UK based company, and worse than the Chinese when it comes to web access control :(

And at home, its too cumbersome to sit at a desk so similar to office and type away when the favs are running on TV.

And today I've done what I have been avoiding for a long long time. I've got the home wi-fi enabled.

Staples is a store I love to hang out in. The kid in me jumps in glee at all the gizmos. I've been there wandering aimlessly four times since last Monday, and the fourth time is when I've made a purchase..actually two..actually some freebies too..and oh, a few coupons too!

I bought:
1. NETGEAR WGR614 108 Mbps 802.11G (sounds cool with so many numbers isnt it ;) )
2. Wireless Staples Mouse (cute little thing)

I won:
1. A jumpclip box
2. Handy Highlighters
3. 4 permanent markers

Anyway, now that we've got the house all wi-fi and stuff (a super-simple setup process), my wife and I are sitting beside each other on the couch, she with our laptop, me with my office laptop, typing away into different websites, not even looking at each other!!! And I'm thinking of pinging her on Google Chat to grab her attention, what say?

Reminds me of the golden days of sitting beside each other and talking to far away beings over mobile phones. We've become more techno, but the relative distance of 2 feet has grown worlds apart!

No comments: