Tuesday, August 06, 2013

Sweet Revenge and a bit of training for the big bash!

A lot has been happening on the bike since my Anchetty ride.

Having taken that failure in spirit, I still couldnt get it out of my system, and I had to miss all the longer rides to keep the balance within the family.

So I signed up for the Sira 200 km brevet, which would do for a while as my revenge for the Anchetty failure.

Cutting the long story short, for want of space for other updates, I did it. It was a tough one, since my back ache (of which I have a nice long history) acted up again, and my fellow rider from my apartment Thenappan, had to keep spraying Moov at every single halt. I almost emptied the new spray I bought, numbing my back to finish the ride just under 13 hours. It was by far the slowest 200km I have done - but that didnt matter. I finished in time, and the feeling was Sweeettt.

No clicks during the ride, and I remembered after we ended the ride that I should take one for posterity :)

Thats Thenappan and me. Pain in my lower back still showing in my face :)
Training for the Kanyakumari Expedition

Oh yes! I am doing my dream ride, starting the 09th of August. A separate post will follow soon, but for now, I am training as much as I can, doing a lot of rides, attending a week's conditioning bootcamp, cycling workshops etc. Will it suffice, I will know in a few days. But Boy am I pumped up or what!!!

So we are 4 from my office, and one of my biker friends - so in total 5 who will be riding, and 3 of my buddies from office have graciously accepted to be our support system. I am also supporting a charity for kids, and this is the marquee fund raising event for this year in my company. So a lot riding on the ride, so to speak!!! :)

Did a 85 km, a 130km, and a few 40+ km rides after the Sira brevet as training rides. Did my first 8km run during the conditioning camp and a lot of such small sweet achievements. All of that in a different post soon.

I've had loads and loads of fun the past two weeks. Some photos to save some of those moments :)

L to R: VK, Atul, Ram, Shasti, Thenappan. VK, Ram, Shasti, and myself ride to Kanyakumari.

Halfway mark, around 64km done, not a sweat broken :)

Sun takes a little bit of toll, but the face is just the "get me beer" face.
So, its an eventful life. More about it sooon.

No comments: