Wednesday, June 06, 2007

All Wheels No Brain

Today was one of the worst days for me in Bangalore Traffic. There is absolutely nothing to say about it, coz I have run out of words to describe this phenomenon of completely animal-like behaviour. These pictures should say it all:

a. Notice the rear view mirror to see the traffic on the wrong side:


b. Notice how they formed 2 lines of traffic on the wrong side:


c. Notice how big vehicles were stuck, and 2-sheelers sqeezed in every possible inch:


d. Notice the woe through my mirror:


e. Taken through my glass on the hatch, the traffic behind me:


f. The sheep behaviour:


g. Even the bigger vehicles followed the brainless:


h. Notice how all 3 lanes of the wrong side are now occupied by a$$ho$%^:


i: All watch, no do:



These pictures are taken from my Samsung E250 which has just a VGA camera. But the pictures have clearly impressed me.
Also, this photo session made a bulb glow over my head. I have something very interesting in mind. Will put that into reality soon.

In the meanwhile, please dont be tempted to settle in Bangalore. It WAS a nice city. But it has been a year since I came back to the place where I grew up, and its gone from bad to worse.

I spent 1 hr 50 mins in the afternoon traffic (at 12.30 pm!) and had to take a 7 km detour. And I spent another 40 mins while coming back. All to cover 9 km to my office.

Before you start blaming me also to have done nothing, I tried calling the control room, the traffic police, the Bangalore helpline, but nothing would get connected. In the meantime I had company of a fellow-sufferer and got talking :)

Pathetic.

No comments: