Thursday, July 12, 2007

UK Update: My First Cooking Disaster

I dont have any pictures of it, so dont look for it. I was too depressed to take pics.

The peas pulao that I wanted to make ended up brown and roasted inside the cooker. I will divulge nothing else.

But the thing is, in my 4 years of experimentation with cooking, this is my first disaster. And on top of it, I burned my hand and it is still irritating.

I am pretty good at damage control and disaster recovery though, and proof is that we had a much tastier dinner of dal rice and potato + mushroom fry curry.

And Friends cheered me up anyway.

I have moved into an apartment in Cheshunt, and its a four bedroom one. I dont fancy staying there, but the inmates are pretty cool. So havent got much trouble. Let me see over the weekend, when we'll be forced to spend more time with each other.

Am looking forward to wife's trip here, coz thats when I've decided to go out to places too. You see, cost cutting measures.

Today is quite a day. Have very rarely had a day like this where I wasnt able to get out of my location. Shall we call it a hectic day? Yes, I suppose.

No comments: