Monday, September 10, 2007

A Change of Opinion

Well, I have been made to eat some of my words back.

I should have finished the book I have been writing about, in about 2 nights. But the fact that I have strictly reserved it for the to and fro bus journeys, means I can push the book through for a week or more.

I am past midway now, and though I struggled to get past the initial part of the book, its taken a turn for the better now. The story is engaging, the dialogues stronger, and the plot beginning to unfold well. A thrill and suspense is beginning to build up now and its quite fast.

And the part I was going through this morning, well, was a bit unnerving even, if I may say so. I am sure people will tend to put themselves into the protagonist's shoes (the one from whose point of view the story progresses), and when someone does that and realizes the full magnitude of the events (much better understood by married people I guess), its truly gripping.

Well, my opinion - having fully discarded the book as a waste of time - has changed now. I still hold that the start was least promising, but it has grown well.

No comments: