Friday, September 07, 2007

Gentle Lentil

I have had so much cheese and egg in the past two days that I am sure I have added around an inch around my waist this week alone.

So when I went into the canteen today to get something, couldnt bear the sight of sandwiches. Picked up a fruit pack and as I was going to the counter, noticed 'lentil soup'. Wanted just to try it and got a bowl of that too.

When I reached my desk, found that lentil soup is nothing but diluted version of the daal we make in India. I had actually expected it to be anyway. Not bad actually, a mild tasting pretty creamy soup they've made out of it. Gentle yet appetizing.
On a crazy note, Wiki-ed for lentils (recently developed the habit of wikiying for everything).

Check out the interesting facts that I noted: "The optical lens is so named after the lentil (Latin: lens), whose shape it resembles."
Thats a cool one.

"Apart from a high level of proteins, lentils also contain dietary fiber, vitamin B1, and minerals. Red (or pink) lentils contain a lower concentration of fiber than green lentils (11% rather than 31%)." - and my wife calls me health freak to be checking this while drinking the soup.

No comments: