Friday, June 15, 2007

The Road Trip to Erode

This is the first long trip that I am going to take in my car.
From Bangalore to Erode on Sunday and back on Monday.

Looking forward to it like a little kid. I have been on road trips before, once to and once from Hyderabad in a Maruti 800, taking turns with the driver whom we hired, and loads of bike trips. But never in my own car. I have driven 100s of km in a single day in my car, but all broken journeys. This will be my first continous and single drive.

Went to the HP bunk in Mahadevpura to fill gas, but it was over by the time I went there, after noon. So gotto check early tomorrow morning. And carry out all the important general checks tomorrow.

I have even decided on the songs I want to hear during the trip... Lest my wife comes with another set. But mostly we like the same kind of songs, so fingers crossed.

The trip last week to Tirupathi was also kind of a road trip, except that I wasnt driving. So it wasnt very tiring.

Planning to hit the road early on Sunday morning, I simply love driving early in the mornings when the country is still asleep mostly. The weather this time of the year should also be fantastic.

Alrighty, will keep the blog updated with the weekend events as and when possible.

No comments: