Wednesday, July 18, 2007

Lee Valley Run

This Sunday was a good day in terms of running after a long gap of a month.
But I didnt have the trouble and the mind jitters I had the last time I ran a long distance for the first time!

And it gave me such a high that I ignored basics and kept running. And suffered enough pain on Monday and Tuesday to know better. And today, am hitting the roads again, and the confidence that I am in a better shape is pegging me to try a milestone today. The maximum I've run continously is 4 km, though I claim to have covered around 7 km, its a mix of walk and run after the 4 km mark. Today I aim to do an extra km continuously.

One of my apartment-mates has a small pot belly coming out and he is in the same mental state I was, when I came to UK in March. An extremely anxious state to just make the fat vanish. I've learnt that it cant be done in a day, and he realizes that too! Today will be a test for him. After numerous futile attempts, I managed to put mind over matter. And it should be his turn today. It is bright till 9 pm here these days and thats great! Time is on my side and I can probably slow down for him.

And the greatest compliment I received this week is, when my apartment-mates were talking about something, one trying to explain about a friend's activity to the other in conversation, he said "arrey yaar...my friend is thinner than Anand"!!! And that my dears is the GREATEST compliment I can ever receive; to be considered fit and slim! That sure does keep me going these days when I tend to oversleep or just succumb to the comforts of the house! Coz there is a history of everyone calling me fat when at school. Unashamedly posting here, I used to be called "Idly".

Ah! Dare call me that NOW!

1 comment:

thiyagesh said...

poda idly gunda....