Friday, August 10, 2007

7 Seater

I have never driven big cars. And by big I dont mean length of the car alone. Coz I have driven Accent etc, which are fairly long.

But today, a couple of colleagues and I are going to get a 7 Seater for rent, probably a VW Sharan or something similar. And we are three families, 6 adults and a kid, who will be going around this weekend to different places.

And my name has been given as the main driver. One of the other 2 colleagues has driven a lot in the UK and the other colleague doesnt have a licence and hence cannot drive. And I am quite nervous about driving a big vehicle around when I dont know the route and stuff. So half the time I am going to refer a satnav or a map and only half the time I am going to check the road. Kind of jittery you know.

I am thinking of taking the vehicle after dropping off the people today (its from tomorrow that we are going on trips) and practising while driving back to my place. It is a 10 mile drive and should give enough confidence, but I should be comfortable enough to take it alone in the first place.

So let me see how I feel about it this evening when we go to pick the car/van up.

For the other trips with my wife, I have booked small cars, mostly Ford Ka or Matiz or something like that. You know, like Maruti 800 in India, which is such an easy car to drive. So that doesnt bother me much, as long as I keep an eye for the traffic rules. You see, being an Indian, its difficult to follow the rules ;)

Will keep this space updated on the 7 seater drive :D

No comments: