Tuesday, June 12, 2007

The Accident that saved me bucks

This is a funny incident that happened recently.

This Monday when I was at SR Nagar, returning home from Neoteric, I was speeding towards the SR fly over. A traffic cop intervened from nowhere and stopped alll vehicles, and I had to brake vehemently to stop the bike, which I did successfully. All was well and around 30 seconds had passed. When suddenly my bike was banged into from behind me. I was thrown a little off balance but managed to hold fort. I was irritated by now and turned to see the culprit, who was waving frantically and apologising, and I could see it in his face that he really wanted me to not create a scene there since the cop was very near and he could be in trouble. I looked at my bike, no damage caused. I just told him to be careful and turned ahead.

After crossing SR Nagar and turning into Brigade Road, I was caught again in a traffic frenzy and I had to honk. Now since morning, my horn was not working, and I had a tough time riding the bike for around 40 km without a horn in peak Bangalore traffic, and that too along Corporation, MG Road, Old Madras Road etc...I struggled a great deal to keep off pedestrians who crossed from nowhere and were nearly hit by me.

And praying inside, I tried the horn once more, and voila! It worked just fine! I was surprised at first, and then realised what must have fixed it. Thanks to the biker who lost his brake, and banged into me, my horn got a shock treatment. I silently thanked him and just thought to myself "Everything happens for a reason!!"...

Things could have been worse, but this time it was for the better. The small graces of life.

1 comment:

Sneha said...

Good, something good worked out!