Thursday, September 06, 2007

The Pressures of IT Life

Were at the fullest today.

I dont even want to recount the day at office, since its only going to increase my BP.

Anyway, as I am writing this post, I am relaxed and the whole bay is calm, what with probably 6 or 7 people at office right now. I will be the last one to leave today also.

Last night, was the night of great coincidence. I had booked a cab for 1 AM and then advanced it to 11 PM. And who is the cabbie who comes? The same I had blogged about recently. Fantastic coincidence actually.

But something weird happened, he gave me his cell number so that I can call whenever I wanted a cab. And I entered it in my cell and when I tried to save it, my cell just went crazy. Restarted itself, something it has never done before. I took it as a sign and didnt bother to save the number later though I said I did. We reached Hatfield by around 11.35 PM and he wanted to give me something, anything. His hands reached an unopened Diet Coke and he wanted me to have it. I politely declined saying I am not going to drink it at that hour anyway.

Woke up at around 8 this morning and skipped breakfast and hit the gym at 8.20. I have begun to like the lonely time at the gym, the TV at full volume playing either a good show or some good music. So gymmed till 9.35 and got ready by 10.30. A lady drove the cab which was supposed to pick me up. And we took a different route, a wrong decision eventually on her part. She was so apologetic for the insane traffic, and was getting very tense, asking me if I was missing any appointments. I said I'd rather have traffic as an excuse and miss whatever appointments I had today. She calmed down a bit and the drive was really pleasant.

Planned to leave by 5 PM today, but as luck would have it under the circumstances, decided to stay till 9.30 PM - for now. Its around 7.30 now and I hope everything is fine by 9.30.

Okay, will get back to the wonderful world of coding.

No comments: